GOVERNMENT OF ANDHARAPRADESH
MA&UD Dept.,- Introduction Of English Medium in All Classes in all Municipal Schools from the Academic Year 2016-17 in Andhra Pradesh for Support Of Urban Poor- Guidelines – Orders - Issued.
MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMET (D1) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. Dated: 02.01.2016
Read the following:
1. G.O.Rt.No.332, MA&UD Dept., Dated: 4.6.2016.
2. From the DMA, AP, Guntur, Lr.Roc.No.7176/J2/2015, Dt: 12.7.2016
3. G.O.Ms.No.262, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated: 25.10.2016
4. G.O.Ms.No.280, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated: 03.11.2016
& & &
In the reference 3rd read above, the Government had introduced English Medium in all classes in all Municipal Schools in the Academic Year 2016-2017. Meanwhile, the success of Foundation Course has strengthened the knowledge base of the student studying from 6th to 10th standards and prepared them for competitive examinations both at the state level and national level. The overwhelming support for the said programme from all the concerned including general public, and the enthusiasm shown by the students, parents and teachers had really made the Government to decide to make the foundation course mandatory for all the students studying in all Municipal Schools. Hence, the medium of instruction plays a very crucial role in defining the destiny of the student.
2. Therefore, the Government after careful examination hereby decided to convert all the existing Telugu Medium Municipal Schools into English Medium Schools from 1st standard to 10th standard irrespective of the students strength as well as teachers strength with immediate effect. This is not applicable to 10th Class i.e., for the academic year 2016-2017. This order will supersede all the other G.Os issued earlier in this regard.
3. The Director of Municipal Administration, Andhra Pradesh, Guntur shall take necessary action, accordingly.
4. This order comes into force with immediate effect.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
R. KARIKAL VALAVEN
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
CLICK HERE TO GET COPY