Monday, 22 August 2022



1]  Leave  salary  shall  be  claimed  in  A.P.T.C.  Form  47  in  regular  salary  head  of account 

2]  Ink signed  copy  of   leave  sanction  proceedings should  be  enclosed  to  the  Bill. 

3]  A certificate  to  the  effect  that  the  necessary  entries  have  been  made  in  the  SR  of the  Individual should  be  appended  on  the  Bill. 

4] Kinds of leaves : 

[a]  Earned  Leave 
[b]  Half  pay  leave 
[c]  Commuted  leave  on  full  pay  on  Medical  Grounds 
[d]  Leave  not  due  on  M.C. 
[e]  Surrender leave 
[f] Leave  Preparatory  to  retirement 
[g]  Extra  Ordinary  Leave[EOL] 
[h]  Maternity  leave 
[I] Hospital leave 
[j] Special  disability  leave 
[k]  Study  leave 

5]  Leave  cannot  be  claimed  as  a  matter of  right [Authority:  FR 67] 

6]  Nature  of  leave  already  sanctioned  cannot  be  altered  by  the  sanctioning authority 

7]    A  Govt  Servant  returning  to  duty  before  expiry  of  leave  should  apply  for permission  to  cancel the  un-expired  portion  of  leave  [  Aurhority  :  FR.  72] 

8]  If  any  employee  recall   to  duty  before expiry  of  leave,  he  is  entitled   for     T.A.FR 70  Rule  76  of  APTA  Rules 

9]  The  individual should  specify   the  clear  address  in  his leave  application  in   prescribed   proformaAuthority:  Rule  3  Annexure II  FR  74 

10]  If  Medical leave,  Medical certificate  should  be  enclosed  to  the  applica tion.Authority:  Rule  9  Annexure II  FR 74 

11]  A  Govt.  servant  after  completion    of    medical  leave  should  produce  fitness certificate  to  join  duty(authority:  FR 72) 

12]  For  issue  of  MC  for  NGOs  -  Civil  Asst.  Surgeon  and  for  Gazetted  Officers  -   Civil  Surgeon  is competent  to  issue  M.C. [Authority:  SR  10  in  Annexure  II  of  FR  74  and  Circular  Memo.No.21102B/371/A2/FR-1/98  of  07-08-1998  of  F  &  P  (FW  FR-1) Dept. 

13]  No  leave  shall  be  granted  to  a  Govt.  servant  when  a  disciplinary  authority  has  to decide  to  dismiss, remove  or compulsory  retired  from  service [Authority:  Rule  25  Annexure II  of  FR 74] 

14]  The  orders  of  sanctioning  EL/HPL  shall  indicate  the  balance  of  such  leave  at  his credit         [Authority:  G.O.Ms.NO.384,  F  &  P  (FW  FR-1) Dept.dt.5-11-75] 

15]  A  Govt.  servant  cannot  be  compelled  against  his  wishes  to  take  leave  of  half  pay when  EL  on  full  pay  is admissible  to  him. 

16]  No  employment  should  be  undertaken  during  leave 

17]  While  sanctioning  the  commuted  leave  on  MC,  the  sanctioning  authority  should mention  the  commuted  leave  already  availed  on  MC  in  the  proceedings.  In  the entire  service  the  Govt.  Servant  is  eligible  to  avail  commuted  leave  on  MC  is 240  days  only.  It  should  be  sanctioned  on  Medical  Certificate  only  and  cannot be  sanctioned  on  private  affairs.         [Rule  15(B) of  AP  Leave  Rules  1933] 

18]  Will  full  absence  from  duty  not  covered  by  the  grant  of  any  kind  of  leave  will  be treated  as  dies-non.[Authority:  Rule  5  note  1  and  FR  18] 

19]  Leave  may   not  be  granted  to  a  Govt.  servant  under suspension. [Authority:  FR 55] 

20]  Compulsory  wait  on  leave  for  want  of  posting  orders  shall  be  treated  as  duty  by the  Govt.  only  [Authority:  Rule  9(6)(a) ruling  13] 

21]  Accumulation  of  EL  is  15  days  for  every  six  months  i.e.,  Advance  credit  is allowed  on  1st  January  and  1st  July  with  a  maximum  of  300  days [G.O.Ms.NO.232  Finance  (FR  1)Dept.dt.16-9-2005] 

22]  Every  Govt.  servant  earns  20  days of  Half  Pay  leave  for every  completed   year of service including EOL  and  there  is  no  limit  for  maximum accumulation.[Authority:  Rule  13(a), 18(a) and  23(i)] 

23]  During  the  Half    Pay  leave  a  Govt.  employee  is  entitled  to  half  of  pay  +  half  DA only  irrespective  of   time  scale  of  pay. [Memo  No.3220/87/A1/PC1/05.dt.19-2-2005  of  Finance  (PC I)Dept. 

24]  HRA  /CCA  should  be  in  full  during  leave  upto  120  days.  No  compensatory allowance  shall  be  allowed  beyond  120  days. 

25]  If  a  Govt.  servant  suffereing  from  TB/Cancer/Mental  illness/  Leprosy/  Heart disease  and  Renal  failure[kidney],  compensatory  allowances  are  payable  for  8 months. 

26]  The  validity  for  sanction  of  surrender  leave  is  90  days  from  the  date  of  order.  If the  bill  is  not  preferred  within  90  days;  the  sanction  order  should  be  deemed  to have  been  lapsed. [Authority:  Govt.Memo.No.27/423/a2/FR-1/97-1.dt.18-8-97] 

27]  For  claiming  HRA/CCA  during  leave  the  certificate  prescribed  in  FR  44  should  be furnished. 

28]  The  maximum  EL  that  may  be  granted  at  a  time  to  a  Govt.  servant  in  Superior service  shall  be  120  days [Authoriy:  Rule  11  of  A  P  Leave  Rules  1933] 

29]  The  total  duration  of  EL  and  commuted  leave  taken  in  conjunction  shall  not exceed  180  days  [Authority:  Rule  15  B] 

30]  The  public holidays are allowed  to  be  suffixed  or prefixed  to  the  leave  applied [Authority:  Govt.  Cir.  Memo.No.86595/1210/FR.1/7.dt.25-9-81.] 

31]  Local  holidays cannot  be  suffixed  or prefixed  to  that  leave. [Authority:  Explanation  2  of  SR  3  under FR  68] 

32]  NO  Govt.  employee  shall  be  granted  leave  of  any  kind  for  a  continuous  period  of exceeding  5  years. 

33]  If  a  Govt.  servant  suffereing  from  TB/  cancer/  Mental  illness/  leprosy/  heat diseases  and  renal  failure(kidney),  avial  Half  pay  leave  upto  6  months  and  it should  be  debited  in  Half  Pay  leave  Account  but  he  should  be  paid  in  full  salary. In  case  of  the  credit of  Half  Pay  leave  is  not  available  in  his  leave  account,  this facility  should  not  be  availed. [Authority:  G.O.Ms.No.188  F &  P.Dept  dt.30-7-73] 
G.O.Ms.No.234  F  &  P.Dept  dt.29-8-75,  G.O.Ms.No.336  F  &  P.Dept  dt.6-9-76    G.O.Ms.No.449  F &  P.Dept  dt.28-10-76 

LEAVE   NOT DUE  [RULE  15(C),25(1,2) G.O.Ms.No.519,F &  P  Dept.dt.20-12-79.] 

1.  Leave  not  due  should  be  granted  when  the  Half  Pay  Leave  account  has  become NIL  and  it  should  be  adjusted  by  the  later  accumulation  of  Half  pay  leave 

2.  Leave  not  due  shall  be  granted  on  MC  only. 

3.  For entire  service  180  days of  leave  not  due  shall  be  allowed. 

4.  While  sanctioning  leave    not  due,  left  over  service  for  retirement  shall  be  taken into  consideration  for  further accumulation  of  Half  Pay  leave. 

5.  Temporary  Govt.  servant  are not  eligible  for sanction  of  leave  not  due. 

EXTRA ORDINARY  LEAVE  [SR 16,18  & 23  ] 

1]  EOL  can    be  granted  when  no  other  leave  is  admissible,  but  it  can  also  be granted  other     leave  being  admissible   [Authority:  Rule  16  (ii)] 

2]  While  on  EOL  the  Govt  servant  is  not  entitled  to  any  leave  salary  [Authority: Rule  28(c)] 

3]  Permanent  Govt  servant  in  superior  service  can  remain  absent  on  any  kind  of leave  for 5   years. [Authority:  Rule  5  (a) & 19]

4]  Period  of  absence  can  be  regulated  as EOL   [Authority:  Rule  16  (iii)]

5]  If  a  Govt.  servant  is  under  going  treatment  for  TB  in  recognized  sanitarium,  he  is eligible  up  to  12  months  and  if  treatment  taken  at  his  residence  is  eligible  up  to 18  months .

6] In  case  of  a  Govt  Servant  is  under  going  treatment    for  cancer,  he  is  eligible  up to  12  months 

7]  For  the  purpose  of  prosecuting  higher  studies  for  the  public  interest,  the employee  is   eligible  up  to  24 months. 


Upto  6  months--Head  of  Department  is  competent  for  sanction  of  icnrements  for the  period  of  E.O.L  on  M.C. 

above  6  months--  Government  is  competent  for  sanction  of  increments  for  the period  of  E.O.L.  on  M.C. [FR  26  (b)(ii)  and  Cir.Memo.No.  21102-B/371/A2/FR.I/98  dt.  7-8-98  and Memo.No.  4392-B/124/Admn.II/02  dt.  4-2-2002  of  Finance(Admn.II)  dept] 

[GO  MS  NO  187  F&P  DT  29-6-79,  GO  MS  NO  323  F&P  DT  11-11-80,  GO  MS  NO 355  F&P  DT  17-12-80] 

1]  30  Days  of  additional  credit  of  EL  should  be  given  in  2  installments  at  the  rate  of 15  days  on  1st  January  and  1st  July  to  the  police  personnel  of  the  rank  of Inspectors and  below. 

MATERNITY  LEAVE  [  FR 101] [GO  MS  NO  254  F&P(FW  FR  I)DEPT DT 10-11-95] 

1]  A  regular  female  Govt  servant  is  entitled  to  maternity  leave  on  full  pay  for  120 days  subject    to  the  condition  that  it  shall  be  granted  to  those    who  are  having less  than  two  surviving  children.   

2]    In  case  of  abortion  the  leave  shall  not  exceed  6  weeks  when  supported  by medical  certificate. [Authority:  GO  MS  NO  762  F&P  DT 11-8-76] 

3]  Maternity  leave  may  be  combined  with  any  kind  of  leave. 


1]  All  employees  specified  in  SR  2  under  FR  101  (b)  are  eligible  for  Hospital  leave[ Risk born duties] 

2]  Hospital  leave  on  half  average  pay  may  be  granted  for  a  period  of  not  exceeding 6  months   in  every  3  years of  service.

3]  It  may  be  combined  with  any  kind  of  leave 


1]  It  may  be  granted  to  study  in  scientific,  technical  or  similar  programmes,  it should  serve  public interest. 

2]  Not  to  be  granted  to  non  gazetted  officers 

3]  It  may  be  granted   up  to  12  months at  a  time  and  2  years in  entire  service 

4]  This leave  may  be  combined  with  any  kind  of  leave 

5]  During  study  leave,  a  Govt  servant  is eligible  for HPL  on  half  pay. 


1]  A  Govt  servant  who  is  disabled  /injured  while  on  duty  may  be  granted  this  leave by  the Government. 

2]  Necessary  Medical  certificate  to  be  issued  by  the  Medical  Board  to  the  Gazetted Officers and  Civil  Surgeons  to  the  others. 

3]  Such  leave  shall  not  exceed  24  months. 

4]  For  1st  120  days  full  pay  is  given,  and  for  remaining  period  half  pay  may  be given. 

5]  It  may  be  combined  with  any  kind  of  leave. 

6]  It  may  be  granted  more  than  once  in  service. 

7]  It  may  be  granted  to  sustain  injuries  and  road  accidents  while  proceeding  on Official Duty  from  the  office  to  another office,  or Court or a  work spot  on  the  field.  But  not  road  Accident  while  going  to  office  from  residence  and  vice  a  versa. [Authority:GOMS  NO  133  F&P  FW  FR-I]DEPT DT 10-6-81] 

ABROAD  LEAVE  [GOMS  NO  214  F&P  DT  3-9-96  AND  UO  NOTE  NO  13127A/113/FR-I/98  DT 10-5-98] 

1]  A Govt  servant  who  desires  to  work  at  abroad  is  eligible  for  5  years  as  EOL  with a  permission  from  Govt  irrespective  of  category. 

2]  The period  of  absence  is treated  as  EOL. 

3]  The  benefit  of  the  scheme  shall  be  given  to  Government  employee at  a  single  stretch  or in  different  spells,  but  for a  period  not   exceeding  5  years in  all spells during  entire  Service [G.O.Ms.No.  756  Finance  (FR.I) Dept  dt.  7-8-2002] 


1]  A Govt  servant  is eligible  for Encashment  of  EL  at  the  time  of  retirement  or  death subject    to  maximum  of  300  days.Leave  salary  with  DA,  HRA,CCA  and  Addl HRA is eligible  for entire  300  days.   

2]  A  Govt  servant  who  completed  two  years  of  service  is  eligible  to  surrender  15 days  of  EL    in  every  Financial  Year  and  receive  cash  in  lieu  of  leave  so surrendered. [Authority:[Govt  Memo  No  84957-2175-FR-I/78-1  dated  14-12-78]  and  [GO MS NO  294  F&P  FW  FR-I  DEPT DT  16-11-88] 

3]  If  a  Govt  servant  retired  from  service  while  under  suspension,  or  when  any disciplinary  or  criminal  cases  are  pending  against  him,  the  competent  authority shall  grant  the  leave  after    conclusion  of  the  final  proceedings, and  the  amount so  withheld  after adjustment  of  the  Govt  dues  if  any. [Authority:  GO  MS  NO  11  F  & P  FW  FR-I  DEPT DT 15-1-97]    


[GO  MS  NO  420  F&P(FR-I)DEPT  DT  3-12-90  &  GO  MS  NO  342  F&P  FW  FR-I DEPT DT 30-9-91  AND GO  MS  NO 234  F&P  FW  FR-I  DEPT  DT 27-10-98] 

1]  A  Govt  servant  who  retires  from  Govt  service  on  superanuation  is  eligible  for encashment  of  HPL  at  his  credit.  Death  cases  and  invalidated  pensioners  are also  eligible. 

2]  No  compensatory  allowances are admissible. 

3]  DA  has to  be  calculated  proportionately. 

4]  DA  is  admissible  up  to  300  days  for  both  EL  +  HPL  put  together.  And  for remaining  days of  HPL  at  his credit no  DA  is  admissible  on  Half  pay. 

5]  Compensation  pensioners,  compulsory  retired  pensioners  and  contingent employees are  not  eligible  for this benefit. 


[1]  At  the  time  of  retirement/death,  the  encashment  of  Earned  Leave, the  leave  salary  consisting  of  pay  with  DA,  HRA,  Addl  H.R.A.,  CCA  in  full  for entire  period  of  leave  so  surrendered. [G.O.Ms.No.  38  Finance  dt/  26-2-96] 

[2]  The  Surrender leave  proceedings is valid  for  90  days from  the date  of  sanction  only.   [Authority:  Memo.No.  27/423/A2/FR.I/97-1  dt.  18-8-97] 

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment

Latest info


Teacher's Need

Latest GO's


సందేహాలు - సమాధానాలు






Subscribe Get Alerts

Blinking Text