GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH ABSTRACT
Leave Rules – Special Leave to Women Government employees who undergo Hysterectomy operation for a period of 45 days as recommended by Civil Surgeon – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (FR.I) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No.52 Dated: 01-04-2011
Read the following:
1. Representation of A.P. Secretariat Women Employees welfare Association,dt. 8-3-2010.
2. Agreement between Joint Action Committee of Employees, teachers and workers and A.P. Secretariat Employees Co-Ordination Committee and Government on certain demands, dt. 23-1-2011.
O R D E R:
In the reference 1st read above, The A.P. Secretariat Women Employees’ Association in their representation have stated that there is no specific provision for sanction of Special medical Leave to the women employees who undergo hysterectomy operation in the existing A.P. Leave Rules, 1933 and Fundamental rules. This operation is done only to women employees and there is no such specific provision for sanction to women employees. But there is provision for the govt. employees who undergo treatment for deceases like TB./Cancer/Mental Illness/Heart deceases/Kidney failure cases under G.O. Ms.No. 268, Finance (FR.I) Dept. dated 29-10-1991 as extended from time to time by availing leave on Half Pay on Medical grounds subject to receipt of pay and allowances in full. The above Association have requested to permit the Women Govt. Employees to avail the said concession of receiving full pay and allowances in respect of hysterectomy operation also.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, Government have reached an agreement with the Joint Action committee of employees, Teachers and workers, A.P. and A.P. Secretariat Employees co-ordination Committee wherein the above demand of the A.P. Secretariat Women Employees Welfare Association, Hyderabad was accepted.
3. Government in pursuance of the above agreement, hereby order for sanction of Special Leave as recommended by Civil Surgeon upto a maximum of 45 days for Women Employees who undergo Hysterectomy operation, without debiting the same to the regular leave account of the individual and on payment of full pay and allowances.
4. All the departments of Secretariat and all Heads of Department shall take action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
PRL. SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (FP)
CLICK HERE TO GET COPY