GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
HM&FW – APIMA Rules, 1972 – Reimbursement of medical charges to the pensioners –Certain anomalies in Rules – Enhancement of the Medical reimbursement fromRs.1.00 lakh to 2.00 lakhs to the retired Government servants and their dependants onpar with serving Government employees – Certain Amendment – Orders – Issued.
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (K1) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No. 397 Dated: 14 -11-2008
Read the following: -
1. G.O. Ms. No. 105, HM & FW (K1) Department dated 9-4-2007.
2. From the President/General Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Teachers’ FederationLr. No. 144/2006-07 dated 14-8-2007.
3. From the President/General Secretary, A.P. State Government Retired EmployeesAssociation Lr. No. Gen1/MFC/062-R (1) dated 20-11-2007.
4. From the Vice President, State Pensioners’ Association letter dated.17-9-2007.
5. From the Director of Medical Education, A.P,Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.MA/1/2007dated 13-11-2007.
6. From the Finance Department U.O. Note No. 9310-A/122/A1/PC.I/2008, Finance(FC.I) Department, dated 5-8-2008.
O R D E R:
In the Government Orders first read above the Government have issued ordersproviding maximum ceiling limit (Rs. 2.00 Lakhs/Rs. 1.00 Lakh) of medicalreimbursement to the serving and retired employees is as follows: “The maximum ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs only) isfixed for the major ailments of Bypass Heart surgery, CABGS, Double valvereplacement, Open Heart procedure, Aortic valve replacement, Kidneytransplantation, Cancer and Neuro-Surgery to Brain irrespective of packagerates of CGHS for the treatment obtained in private hospitals, and also forthe treatment obtained in NIMS, Hyderabad and SVIMS, Tirupati or actualcost whichever is less. This ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs is applicable to theserving employees and their dependents. In respect of retired employees,their dependents and family pensioners, the ceiling limit is Rs.1.00 lakh forthese ailments, as per the recommendations of P.R.C.2005”.
2. In the letters 2nd to 4th read above, the associations have represented theGovernment for enhancement of the medical reimbursement from Rs.1.00 lakh to Rs.2.00lakhs on par with serving Govt. employees.
3. The Finance (PC.I) Dept., in the U.O. Note 6th read above have referred the matterto the Anomalies Committee under the Chairmanship of Sri N. Ranga Chary. TheCommittee has recommended that the limit to medical reimbursement in respect of boththe serving employees and the pensioners shall be the same viz., Rs. 2.00 Lakhs. Accordingly, the Finance (PC.I) Dept., has forwarded the report of the AnomaliesCommittee and requested to take further action on issuance of the orders ofenhancement of Medical reimbursement to the Pensioners on par with ServingEmployees.
4. Government after careful examination hereby issue the following amendmentby replacing the para 7 (1) (b) of the G.O. Ms. No. 105, HM & FW (K1) Department dated9-4-2007.
7 (1) (b) The maximum ceiling limit of Rs.2.00 lakhs (Rupees two lakhs only) is fixed forthe major ailments of Bypass Heart surgery, CABGS, Double valve replacement,Open Heart procedure, Aortic valve replacement, Kidney Transplantation,Cancer and Neuro-Surgery to Brain irrespective of package rates of CGHS forthe treatment obtained in private hospitals, and also for the treatment obtained inNIMS, Hyderabad and SVIMS, Tirupati or actual cost which ever is less. Thisceiling limit of Rs. 2.00 lakhs is applicable to the retired employees (pensioners)and their dependents also on par with serving employees for these ailments, asper the recommendations of P.R.C. 2005 read with the recommendations ofAnomalies Committee.
5. These orders shall come into force from the date of issue of these orders.
6. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance(Exp..HM&FW-I) Dept., videtheir U.O.No.11868/860/A.2/Exp.HM&FW-I/08, dated.16-09-2008.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH) P.K.AGARWAL
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
CLICK HERE TO GET COPY