GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH ABSTRACT
HOLIDAYS –Holidays under Negotiable Instrument Act 1881 –Declaration of Holiday on the Occasion of RAMZAN (ID-UL-FITR) on 07.07.2016 (Thursday) instead of 06.07.2016 (Wednesday) -Notified.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (POLL.A) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Rt.No. 3644, G.A.(Poll.A) Department, dt.09.12.2015
2. From Under Secretary, GOI, Min. of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions, Dept. of Personnel and Training, North Block, New Delhi, dt.05.07.2016.-
: o :
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have issued orders declaring 06.7.2016 (Wednesday) as Holiday on the occasion of RAMZAN (ID-UL-FITR under Negotiable Instrument Act 1881.
2. In the letter 2nd read above, the Under Secretary, GOI, Min. of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions, Dept. of Personnel and Training, New Delhi, has stated that, as per list of holidays circulated vide this Ministry’s O.M.No.12/7/2015-JCA-2, dt.11.6.2015, the holiday on account of Id-ul-Fitar falls on Wednesday on 06.7.2016. It has been brought to notice of this Ministry that in delhi Id-ul-Fitr will be celebrated on 07.07.2016. Accordingly, it has been decided to shift the Id-ul-Fitr holiday to 07.07.2016 to in place of 06.07.2016 as notified earlier, for all Central Government Administrative Office at Delhi/New Delhi.
3. The Government, after careful consideration of the matter, have decided to change the Holiday on the occasion of RAMZAN (ID-UL-FITR) on 07.07.2016 (Thursday) instead of 06.07.2016 (Wednesday) under the Explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881). Accordingly, the following notification is issued and shall be published in the extra-ordinary Gazette of Andhra Pradesh State.
4. In partial modification of the orders issued in G.O.Rt.No.3944, General Administration (Poll.A) Department, dated:09.12.2015 notifying the Holidays, the Government hereby notify to be observed as Holiday on the occasion of RAMZAN (ID-UL-FITR) instead of 06.07.2016 (Wednesday), notified earlier, under N.I. Act.
SATYA PRAKASH TUCKER
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
CLICK HERE TO GET COPY